Friday, 11 January 2013

Almond Cookie for Chinese New Year Recipe






Ingredients
- 160g Butter
- 90g Caster sugar (*Try 80g next time)
- 120g Grounded almond
- 170g Corn flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt

How to
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add almond in (1)
3. Add salt, corn flour and baking powder into the batter
4. Combine well
5. Shape the cookies and bake at 170C for 20-25 mins

This cookie is coarse and crispy.

Update
One of the night, I baked this for 2nd time as I was craving for some cookies. I had a lot of cake flour left in a flour box. So I decided to substitute corn flour for cake flour. I reduced sugar to 80g. It turns out to be more fragrant and more dedicated. It is still coarse and crispy. My boyfriend prefers this cake flour version more than corn flour version. But he still thought that it is too sweet for him. For me, I don't think it is sweet at all. Maybe I have sweeter tooth than him. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment